2021-10-15

Inflation Gets a Little Hyper, Got Zinc?

Breakdown on gold/copper, breakout on copper/gold. Zinc moonshots. I have two zinc stocks, rather hefty exposure in ZNG.V and TV.TO

I have one caveat, very short-term in nature. Copper-gold made a higher-high right into January 2018. I thought the market might rally into opex. Bitcoin, copper are challenging all-time highs, yen is in freefall, but bond yields and tech stocks are also strong.

I just can't shake the feeling that markets are rolling into a top. Maybe it's a blow-off top that runs into early 2022. Maybe my timing is off. I had a lot of doubt in February 2020 too though, with the market defying the coronavirus pandemic. My sense is that, if inflation really is breaking out it doesn't matter for my bearish outlook because the market understands stagflation the same way it understood coronavirus in early February 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment