2018-03-07

South Africa Following the Path of Zimbabwe: Ethnic Cleansing and Money Printing

Hinnews: ‘We will print more money and give it to the unemployed to end poverty in South Africa’, Says new minister of Finance
“South Africans continuing to be poor when we can print more money to ensure that everybody has it. Our people are poor because there is a shortage of money in the country. It’s not the shortage of jobs that makes people poor, it is the shortage of money. We have paper and ink, so we will print more money and give it to the poor, and make all of them billionaires if that is possible.” Nene said.
Update: It turns out the article above is Fake News.

It was a very good fake because Zimbabwe's central bank president Gideon Gono said similar things during his tenure.

LA Times in 2009: Zimbabwe's money man plans to keep on printing
He makes no apologies for his furious money-printing, as the country, mired in disease and hunger, inflation beyond calculation and political crisis, keeps on spiraling downward. Extraordinary situations call for extraordinary measures, he says.

..."I must reiterate that I am going to print and print and sign the money until sanctions are removed and there is balance-of-payments support. It's a commitment I am ready to be fired for because we need money for infrastructural development," Gono said, quoted in the government-owned Herald on Oct. 1.
In 2009 Gono also said:
"To ensure that my people survive, I had to print money," Gono told Newsweek. "I found myself doing extraordinary things that aren't in the textbooks. Then the IMF asked the U.S. to please print money. The whole world is now practicing what they have been saying I should not. I decided that God had been on my side and had come to vindicate me."
In any event, the story below is not fake. South Africa is seizing farm land. Even if they don't print money, the value of the rand and South African bonds will decline.

Daily Mail: 'We are not calling for the slaughter of white people - at least for now': South African parliament votes to SEIZE white-owned land as experts warn of violent repercussionsZimbabwe's been there and done that.

The Times: Zimbabwe invites exiled white farmers to return

3 comments:

  1. I'm doubtful about this because the only source is the hinnews.com article, which is cited by several others and a 4chan thread, and itself cites no sources. I think this is more likely to be a trolling exercise by the hinnews.com author. There is nothing about this in any mainstream media or any other sources that I could find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, love your work in general. Lots to think about. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip. I wondered about that source.

    ReplyDelete