2022-06-08

Long Japan, Short Yen Update

Back in March I posted: Trade of the Decade: Long Nikkei, Short Yen

I neglected to mention in that post that there is an ETF that does exactly this trade: DXJ. It made a new all-time high intraday today.

Shorter-term of years makes the Nikkei look like it will bounce versus the S&P 500 Index, note that currency depreciation massive enough to push the stock index higher would boost NK over ES. Longer-term, Japanese stocks looks like an abandoned asset class relative to the S&P 500 Index.
I'm only short the yen for now. DXJ is a decent vehicle becauase WisdomTree tilts the porfolio into export companies. It is at least a great starting point for people who want to maybe construct their own Japanese-stock portfolio. Speaking of myself, I seldom look at Japanese stocks and almost no one speaks of them outside of a few major exceptions that trade in overseas markets or are extremely high-profile companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment