2022-08-02

Hawkish Words from Fed Sinks Rally

The major indexes closed below their long-term support lines from Jan-Feb. The unemployment number for July is tomorrow morning out on Friday.
My trades for today: closed TLT. Closed AAPL and AMZN shots, then reopened AAPL higher in the day. Shorted SPY and IWM with 1 DTE puts midday, closed near close. Have XLE weekly and monthly puts. I don't discuss because they're an afterthought, but still holding all my gold mining calls. I like NEM $55 Nov as a kind of conservative trade. I did a small gamble on SBUX earnings, didn't work out so far. I also bought MPWR puts for September, way out of the money. Ended the day with a lot of cash. I'll post when I think it's all clear to short with reckless abandon, but for now I still expect two-way action in the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment