Back in February 2020 I wrote a few posts on palladium because it looked like it was running into a peak. Even without coronavirus, the market looked like it was peaking. Palladium and the broader stock market's refusal to drop as coronavirus was spreading was warning that maybe this risk was overblown or would be ignored. At times I wondered if there would be a final run higher first. Instead, the market would enter a meltdown phase.
The difference between then and now is that palladium isn't running to a new high, it already peaked.
Here's another interesting corrleation with palladium, this time the palladium-gold ratio and the U.S. Dollar Index.
There's definitiely some disconnect in the short-term, but overall those charts are moving in the same long-term direction. All relationships can breakdown, but this chart reminds of the Milkshake Theory. If the U.S. Dollar Index rises strongly because emerging markets default on their dollar-denominated debt, the Federal Reserve will likely be doing QE7, interest rates will be low, tech stocks/U.S. market will be rising as a safe heaven from overseas chaos. Something to file away if what looks like a short-to-intermediate term rally in the U.S. dollar turns into a large bull move.
Weekly Market Pulse: The New Luddite Revolution
-
Meta released their personal AI agent, Muse, last month, promising that it
is safe, secure, and private. They say it “actually does the work” rather
than j...
Premonitions of a Major Market Top
-
I dropped out of the Phd Philosophy program at UC Davis to start Top Gun in
2006 in order to profit from the bursting of the housing bubble and the
subsequ...
Turning Point Brands (TPB US)
-
Today is Garry Kasparovs birthday. Growing up as a teenager in the early
90s, I remember how the discussion in media went around computers beating
humans...
This is the End and a New Beginning
-
I've been thinking about this for some time.
After 21 years of writing this blog almost daily, I've decided to stop
writing the daily updates on the blog.
...
A Slow Motion Slide
-
We’ve had quite a weird week – Nasdaq kept selling off to the indifference
of the rest of the world. Nasdaq’s correction reached -11% off the ATH,
while ...
The Oil Refinery Crisis Will Worsen This Winter
-
The Oil Refinery Crisis Will Worsen This Winter Tyler Durden Thu,
12/10/2020 - 20:20
*Authored by Julianne Geiger via OilPrice.com,*
It was only to be ex...
The Argentina Siren Song And Where Else It Is Sung
-
I’m back! After an extended leave of absence I’ve decided to start writing
again.
Let’s start with a story familiar to those that read MM in my first ter...
Agriculture Reading Picks
-
As Prairies Get Plowed for Biofuels, Greens Demand EPA Act | Bloomberg A
breakthrough to bring driverless tractors into the mainstream? A startup in
Iowa s...
Hacksaw Ridge
-
WWII American Army Medic Desmond T. Doss, who served during the Battle of
Okinawa, refuses to kill people and becomes […]
The post Hacksaw Ridge appeared...
FINTS EVENING HIGHLIGHTS (15 Jun 2016)
-
China’s total debts amounted to 168.5 trillion yuan ($25.6 trillion) at the
end of 2015, equivalent to 249 percent of gross domestic product, Li Yang
an in...
Responses to readers’ questions, and new forecasts
-
[image: Vietnam account set-up]1. The question is: “I got a good run up in
ISJP and was stopped out yesterday-in at 14.23 in august 2012 and out
yesterday ...
No comments:
Post a Comment